Wednesday 29 January 2014

WOYWW 243 - Never Enough Catalogues

Acrylic stamp storage
It's been an extremely productive week, heatwave and all, I was determined to complete the stamp catalogue, of course the majority was with Eliza's help, she's a real doll.....5 cd storage boxes later and 175 cd cases, I can now find any acrylic or cling stamp I own at a glance through the catalogue.  I've yet to sort unmounted stamps, a slight hiccup with these, I'm working on a way of mounting them without using EZ Mount foam..yes I am crazy, EZ mount is a great product but what can I say....I have a serious aversion to the stuff....lol.

My desk has a few things going on, at last I completed the filing system for my embossing folders, of course filed in alphabetical order by manufacturer & name, then numerical.....one might ask why, my reply as always is '...because I can'... I mean why have one catalogue when you can have many,...  

The actual catalogue was made with bookboard, covered in Kraft card stock. The embossing on the cover is the Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities  Persian Splendor, I'll certainly get a lot of use from this one, ideal for my handmade albums. I aged the cover using Metallic Rub On. The pages are embossed using each folder and secured with a book ring... I tried with 2 rings at first but 1 ring works better. 

Hooray! I managed to create this week....can't believe it... I know my post is a little on the serious side, I have to blame Eliza for that, she decided to leave me and go to work.... A little selfish I thought, fancy choosing work over a crazy day with little ole me!!!!  Hey Girl

It's time to snoop on the desks on Julia's blog at the Stamping Ground, where we get to see the happenings on blogs around the world... join us, it's a lot of fun.

Hope everyone has a great week, thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment.  

Happy Crafting and WOYWW
Hugs
DeDe






21 comments:

  1. Wonderful book cover and I am totally amazed at your organising system. But then you can .... so why not? Have a lovely week.
    Sandra @8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello girlfriend I miss you already, blessed work must get in the way but hey it helps support my spending habit. Those cd boxes do look good and that album awesome, might have to use that folder myself she is a beauty.

    Talk soon, hugs lots.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl, if you is real good, I might just let ya use it.....lol

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am in awe of your organisational system! Want to come and help me organise my work room?! Your catalogue cover is gorgeous too!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Kate #52

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! You'll never waste time again searching for a particular stamp...brilliant organisation! Good old Eliza for helping, that must have made the task go quicker :-). I have enjoyed using my fabric stash so much more since I reorganised it too, can see at a glance where all the colours are. appy LLJ!!
    Hugs, LLJ 51 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love organizing. Good job!
    Thanks for visiting and the snoop around.
    robyn 7

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your organizing. Although I'm not much of a stamper, I still appreciate a good way to organize something. When I was gifted with my first red rubber UM, I had NO idea you were supposed to use that mounting stuff. Like you, I have an aversion to it, possibly because I don't like spending money for something when you don't have to. My dear QVC shop-a-holic friend gave me a "container" of Wacky Tac, a product that actually comes in what reminds me of a dabber, only bigger. The idea behind the Wacky Tac is it sticks to anything, especially photos. You can move them around and change them, and they will stick every time. I got the idea of using the Wacky Tac with my red rubber. I just LIBERALLY apply it to the back of my rubber and allow it to dry. Once dry, your red rubber will stick to anything, BUT can easily be removed from the block you have it on. Although it's slightly sticky to the touch, you can still use the stamp to bend around products like home dec projects.

    You cannot use it with cling stamps. Don't ask how I know!! And it will wash off with soap and water, but not just water. I did an internet search and couldn't find it, although K and Co seems to have something that starts temporary and goes permanent after awhile. Not what I was given. I hope you can find it, though, if it would save your repositioning and red rubber issues.

    Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Wacky Tac, I did a search, only available in glue dots now, liquid adhesive is discontinued.....Not a problem I'll keep searching for a solution.... I will probably settle for the "On & OFF" which is a good temporary adhesive....not sure how long it lasts.... Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.....

      Delete
  7. SO organized, what a feat! And that book cover is yum, I can see why you're getting good use of that embossing folder!

    Thank you for stopping by this woyww, and a Happy WOYWW to you!
    :)trisha
    #21 this week
    with a BIG mess

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, your catalogue is fabulous, love that cover, so very clever!
    Have a great week, Debxx #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi dee dee
    love your storage system and your OCD attitude towards it.......... I'm a bit like that too. I have lots of unmounted rubber stamps which I use with tack n peel it is a bit like re useable ultra tick double sided tape and great for stamping. you can get it on amazon and it is made by tsukineko
    hope this is useful
    janet #37

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, I just watched a youtube demo with the Tack n Peel, it looks like it may work for me..... I appreciate your help, thank you...

      Delete
  10. Wow DeDe, your cataloguing is fantastic. Starting with the idea, the method and even the fab embossing on the folder cover..i LOVE that pattern! Aw, and taht Eliza, rushing off to work...did you suggest cataloguing at her place?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I need to help Eliza finish her catalogue now, thank goodness she has the majority done....lol

      Delete
  11. ah very good cataloguing that is :D and well done on Eliza helping, too! happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #29

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome organization. I am looking into a cross reference file system where I can file stamp sets with individual stamps id'd for use. DSIL says he will help when he gets caught up with work. Have a great week. Vickie aka Okienurse #111

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bookcover is fantastic - looks really ancient manuscript!! I am extremely impressed with all your cataloguing work - 175 Cd cases??? Golly - what an amazing amount of stamps you must have.
    Enjoy playing with them all.
    Margaret #39

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful book cover! Going to have to find the Spellbinders embossing folder. TFS from WOYWW #76.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This embossing folder is amazing, a little tip: Make sure you mist the card stock, this allows the card to stretch without tearing...due to the embossing element being so deep... I used the Cuttlebug without a problem and it works perfectly with the Big Shot. I have seen one of these folders snap at the hinge.... there are quite a few designs to choose from....have fun.

      Delete
  15. That cover really is gorgeous. And I gotta say … I admire your dedicated organization!

    ReplyDelete